Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Parent Moment...Holiday Break Screen Time

As our holiday break approaches, I was thinking about all of the things I that Nick will want to do while we're home over break.  Lately his favorite thing has been trying to watch seemingly endless hours of Bob the Builder!  When I got this article from our pediatrician today, it reminded me that we need to limit these things, especially when we're home more of the day.  The article says that children over the age of 2 should be limited to no more than 2 hours of screen time per day (while recommending NO screen time for younger children).  In our house we'll be keeping this in mind and trying to spend plenty of time doing things other than watching TV this break!  I just wanted to share this with all of you.  As always, please make sure there is time set aside every day for your child to read, either with you or another adult, or by him/herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment