Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A few things...

1) Our homework hotline/voice mail system is down today. If you're trying to call in, you won't be able to get to my extension to leave/hear the message.  In the past, I haven't been very diligent about leaving homework hotline information, but I will be recording one each night this year.  Please forgive me if I forget until I get into the habit!  Tonight's homework is Math 1-2 (Practice side only).

2) Math-  We are working our way through the first topic of the math series.  It's pretty basic for most of the students.  I realize that the content is easy.  We are mostly focusing on building good habits for math at this point.  We've been working on paying attention to the layout of our new worksheets, learning how to work together through the lesson part of math, and some of the routines for the leveled practice activities.  Soon, though, we'll be "kicking it up a notch" for those that need a challenge.  At that time, you may find that homework is different as this math series provides us with some leveled homework options.  For the time being, though, please don't be concerned if our math work is easy.  We're laying the groundwork and building good habits for the challenges to come.

Mrs. Leitze

No comments:

Post a Comment